Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Thursday, January 23, 2014
January 2014: Google is replacing its various Google Apps sign-in pages with a single, new Google Apps sign-in page. Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, and all other Google Apps services will now have an identical sign-in experience. When users attempt to sign in to a Google Apps service, Google will redirect them to the new sign-in page, regardless of which Google Apps service sign-in page URL they enter.
In addition to providing a streamlined and cohesive sign-in experience for all users, the new sign-in page has a menu that makes it easy to switch between Google accounts. It also has advanced bot detection and improved account hijacking protection.
- The new sign-in page requires users to sign in with their full email address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org). (The old sign-in pages only required users to enter their username, but that convenience was offset by the complex URLs users needed to access those sign-in pages.)
- The Stay signed in checkbox is selected by default. Users who want to sign out of Google Apps automatically when they close their browser should deselect this checkbox. Users who leave this checkbox selected when they sign in will remain signed in for two weeks or until they click the Sign out button that appears when they click their photo in the upper right corner.
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Massage Therapy Written Retest Exams:
Thursday, January 2nd at 2:00 pm
Report to 5th floor
Massage Therapy Palpation retest:
Thursday, Jan. 2nd at 10:00 am
Report to 5th floor
Introduction to Eastern ORAL retest:
Thursday, Jan. 2nd at 12:00 noon
Report to 5th floor
Massage Therapy practical retest exam:
Friday, Jan 3rd at various times. Check with 226 Reception
Saturday, November 2, 2013
The deadline for handing in your Health Certificate and PPD (TB test) results is Nov. 15th
Please return the completed documents to Claudia Etienne (x110) in the 5th floor Administrative Office.
(If you need new blank forms see Claudia--All other documents go to Jessica in Admissions)
Sunday, October 13, 2013
Moodle will be moving to a new server.
What does this mean for you?
- The current URL (http://moodle.swedishinstitute.edu) will remain the same
- Your current username/password will be the same
- All past attempts at practice tests/quizzes and flashcards will be reset
- You will be prompted to create a new profile on your first login to the new moodle.
- The navigation, look and feel of the moodle has been updated.
Due to various internet provider configurations the actual time change will be different for each user. There may be some exceptions that take longer due to internet provider configurations but those should be rare.
During the migration all material will be available on both the old and new site so users will not lose the ability use the resources on the moodle.
Saturday, October 12, 2013
STUDENT RECOGNITION DAY
When: Wednesday, October 16th
Where: 226 Student Lounge
When: All Day beginning at 12:30 pm
Please stop by before class, after class, or during evening break.
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
There is nothing more satisfying than setting a goal, trying your best and accomplishing it. On Friday, September 27, 2013, students who have completed the specific requirements of the health care training program of their choice will graduate from Swedish Institute. The ceremony will take place at Fashion Institute’s Haft Auditorium, an impressive facility which is perfect for this momentous occasion.
Students enrolled in the Nursing program and have completed 68 semester credit-hour courses will receive an Associate in Applied Science degree. To celebrate their great accomplishments, nursing students will undergo this rite of passage, which includes a pinning, candle lighting and an oath. With roots dating back to the 1860s, the ceremony is the symbolic beginning of their professional career in nursing.
Following the nursing ceremony, students from our Massage Therapy, Clinical and Medical Assistant, Surgical Technologist and Personal Training programs will graduate, beginning at 6 p.m. This important milestone will be marked with music, readings and special speakers.
To all of our graduates – we you the best in all of your future endeavors. We know you will make a positive impact in the field of health sciences, and as you depart Swedish Institute to pursue your dreams, remember the words of Charles Dickens: “Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.”
Friday, August 16, 2013
August 17-28 8:00 am - 8:30 pm Monday through Friday
Saturday August 24, 31, & Sept. 7
August 29-September 9
HOURS FOR 151 LIBRARY
Monday-Thursday 8:30 am-6:30 pmFriday 8:30 am-5:00 pm